It rained ice last night. Not hail, ice. Freezing rain is the correct term for it, I guess, but saying it rained ice sounds much, much cooler.
Conker liked the new winter weather event. He found it fun to punch holed through the ice to the snow beneath and was even more thrilled when I made a snowiceball and tossed it at him. He likes to bite them in half and chew all the pieces until there is nothing left.
Unfortunately Fred doesn't get along with ice. At all. He slipped on his way home from work last night and royally screwed up his knee. Now he can barely make it up and down the stairs without my help (or a cane) and he can't take Conker out anymore. Just me.
He slipped on the stairs this morning but caught himself as he was going to work. My neighbor wasn't as fortunate, and messed up her hip when she fell. Both Fred and my neighbor's guy (not sure if he's a boyfriend, hubby or roomie) called the office and got nothing. A maintenece guy came by sometime and sprinkled a tinsy bit of salt on the sidewalk and stairs but that hasn't done much good, so I went out and chipped as much ice off the steps and rail as I could.
Conker and I went for a walk today. We stopped in at the treat store, made a donation (Zoom Groom) to a local shelter and headed home. On the way we found a giant piece of salt and nabbed it. Now there is much more salt on the steps and sidewalk leading to our apartment as well as around the neighbor's car. There was a ton of loose salt where I found the giant piece and it's not doing anything lying in a huge line like it is, so I am going to go back later tonight and scoop some up so we can have more once the giant piece runs out.
No comments:
Post a Comment