Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Rollerblading and the dog park.

I had an idea earlier today so I ran to Mom's storage unit and dug out my rollerblades.  I haven't used them for a couple years but fortunatly my feet remembered how to use them.

First I took Conker on a trail run.  Oddly enough he wouldn't actually run, or even trot for that matter.  He just walked really fast.  I'd easily pass him then have to slow down and wait for him to catch up.
Juneau on the other hand... She was all "RUN RUN RUN SQUIRREL RUN RUN RUN!" She was pretty good about slowing down, not pulling when I told her and stopping when I did.
Sasha lumbered along and after only two blocks I could see she needed to go back.

On Conker's first run we stopped at the local dog park.  I conveniently forgot a camera and since mine was dead (left my charger in Missouri) I'm stuck with stealing my sister's or Mom's.  Anywho, there was a little Rat Terrir pup there who stuck to her family and Conker didn't seem interested in her much and stuck to the other side of the dog park.  It took him a while to realize he wasn't on a leash and when he did he turned into a rocket for a few minutes only stopping to roll in the muddy grass.

We rollerbladed back to the dog park this evening and met a female Lab named Midnight.  She was the perfect playmate for Conker and the two of them romped around while her owner and I chatted about the Shiba Inu.  He had a smart phone that somehow got internet and was reading about them and asking questions, it was kinda neat.

After they left I did a bit of recall training with Conker since he got out earlier today and wouldn't come even when Juneau and Sasha did.  Bad Shiba.
But on the way back I was able to get him to trot and run a bit so hopefully he'll get used to the faster speeds and we'll be able to go a couple miles instead of to the dog park and back.

Conker searching for a treat I threw into the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment