Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cathedral Hills

First, some breakfast.

This is a batch of mince that I stuck into a 8lb cookie dough container (quite a shock for anyone who still thinks there is macadamia white chocolate dough in there!) since Juneau and Sasha have put on some pudge and mince is a hellova lot easier for me to portion. The dogs will get mince for a short while with turkey necks/backs as boney treats.

Yumm.

Onto the news...

We went hiking today at Cathedral Hills! Juneau was, of course and as usual, a whacko-jet-dog, running all over the woods, bell jangling loudly, nose working quickly, feet moving so fast they were a blur...

As we were approaching Conker's log, he jumped up on it without me saying a word. Good boy!

He made a quick pose before taking off after the Rocket Dog.

We made many frequent water breaks. I have the dogs drink in order, starting with Conker, then Sasha, and finally Juneau last. I do it this way since Conker is a snob and doesn't really like to drink (out of a bowl) on hikes, so I have him go first. And I do Sasha before Juneau since Juneau will drink all the water.

This is the only decent three-dog photo I took of them today.

Then they blasted off at the speed of light, leaving a huge cloud of dust behind them.

3 comments:

  1. Love how Conker poses. Bruce is like Juneau. He will seriously drink for 5 minutes straight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Conker's poses are one of the things I trained him to do (so he'd like the camera) when he was a puppy. I'd give him a treat right after a picture, and if he "posed" he's get more treats, so now he thinks having his picture taken is fantastic! When he was younger he'd pose on something and if I didn't take a picture he'd get mad at me.

      As long as I keep dumping water into the bowl Juneau will drink and drink and drink... She'll limit herself when she drinks out of a natural water source but a bowl or bucket? Nah, she'll drink it all! She's drank so much she's thrown up before, so I have to monitor (and limit!) her water intake on hikes. That is not something you normally do when hiking with dogs.
      I usually have to encourage Conker to drink, and if one of the Girls tries before him he won't tough it. If he does get thirsty and wants some he does give off a few signs. He's not vocal about it but will hang back instead of forge ahead and will keep looking up at my pack.

      Delete
  2. It's so gorgeous where you live! The trails are just beautiful, I think that I'm going to have to go looking for some trails around me. If only the boyfriends dog was good enough to run off leash!

    ReplyDelete