Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Money spent in June

Here is the bill for June.

June 2013
  • Food:$66
  • Toys: $20 
  • Vet/Medical:$68
Total: $152


Food
I bought a lot of chicken this month, since my craigslist stock has run out so I must purchase bone-in items for bone content. I got several 10 pound bags of chicken quarters and two whole chickens, varying from $0.70 - $0.88 a pound. I got a few packages of turkey backs/misc. for $0.70 a pound. A big chunk of the cost came from the local butcher. I stop in every now and then to get beef liver (theirs is the highest quality, and lowest price) and they happened to have beef heart and wild sockeye salmon scraps for $1.50 a pound! So, naturally I buy several pounds of the stuff for the dogs. I got some odd looks...

Toys
I visited a pet boutique-style shop "in the city" and bought two Planet Dog balls.

Vet/Medical
I got three types of dewormers, since I had none on-hand and wanted to try the fenbendazole to see if it would fix Conker's issues (it seems to have, which is a bit alarming, actually...) I got some ivermectin and pyrantel pamoate as well. I dewormed all the dogs with the fenbendazole then the pyrantel pamoate a few days later just to be sure, and will be starting up the ivermectin (heartworm prevention) this month since it's unusually hot and humid right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment