*sigh*
Today I mixed up some mince for him that consists of chicken Q's, pork, beef, liver, chicken hearts, a few turkey bits, oats and rice, and the usual mixins. I also added in some "greens".
Here we have the chicken. Some ground, some being ground, and some waiting to be ground.
This is all the meats. Chicken, beef, pork, liver...
The freshly cooked grains. A mix of a dash more oats than rice.
The greens were put through the mincer as well. I used a pound of "salad mix" from my farm that consists of some green and red lettuces. (Buttercrunch, Simpson, Red Romaine, Green Romaine, Red Oak, Red Merlot, etc.)
I added a few carrots and radishes to round out the greens mix. I only put a few handfuls into Conker's mix and will give the rest to the Girls.
Conker's completed mince.
Juneau and Sasha still get whole-foods. I do not need to mince their stuff. (That turkey neck is actually for Conker, he still likes and will eat those.)
Today's prepared meals.








That mince looks really nice. you should consider marketing and selling it.
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of grinder do you use for your bones? I have been wanting to make minces for my dogs, but can't justify spending a lot. I imagine one that is cranked by hand is cheaper?
ReplyDeleteI am currently using an old hand crank grinder from the 1940's that I got at a yardsale for $5. It is a Universal 2 and handles the chicken bones pretty easily but can't do anything bigger without problems. I was thinking of getting a Tasin-108 electric grinder, but they cost almost $200 shipped, so I went with a hand crank grinder and just take longer to make the food.
Delete