Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Neglect

That's what I've been doing to this blog. However, I have a good reason for it.

I just moved to a plot of acreage right behind the farm I work on that borders an expanse of BLM land! It looks like a redneck lives in my spot right now, but I am still in the process of getting my crap out of the house and over here to my new domain.

I put up 200 feet of fence for the dogs. While it's not the largest yard around, it's plenty big enough for them while I'm at work. I leave the gate open when I am around and just keep an eye on them as they wander around the area surrounding my RV.
Juneau has escaped a couple times (once to go roll in shit... she slept outside that night) but it seems to be sturdy now. I think it's kinda funny that Juneau is the escape artist instead of the Shiba, where that could be considered a breed trait since it happens so often with them.

I plan on staying here for a while, and my landlady has talked about me helping her plant some fruit trees next year (so she's planning on it too!) and I'm going to slowly clear out some nasty brush and expand the fenceline as my finances and time allow to give the dogs some more roaming room while I am at work.


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new place! Hope you and your furry family really enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that sounds like a fantastic setup.

    So you are keeping the girls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Yeah, I'm keeping them. Juneau has been demoted to a tie-out when I'm not home until I can figure out how she keeps getting out of my fence and resolve the issue. Everybody else is good and stays inside the fence. When I am home, I open it up and let them roam around if I am not too busy.

      Delete