Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Bikejoring.

That's a terrible picture but it gives a good impression of what it's like.

Juneau loves to run.  Run run run!  I decided to try something with her a few days ago.  It's called bikejoring.  I've attempted biking with Juneau before but it's been a while so I re-introduced her to the bike.  She didn't think much of it so I went to the next step, walking with her beside the bike.  She eyed it but didn't try to run away so I rode it slowly.  But she didn't want to walk, she wanted to go!  
So I put on her harness, took an 8 foot length of rope and tied it to an old bike inner tube (shock absorber) and looped that to my sister's purple mountain bike and off we went!  She needs a bit of work with her "leave it" command but is learning the turns quite well.  I think she'll make a good bikejoring dog if I work with her enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment