Monday, April 4, 2011
Zuke's Hip Action treats and trachea chews
I picked up some Zuke's Hip Action treats at the petshop today. I also got a trachea chew since I'm almost out of chews for Conker.
They had beef, peanut butter and chicken flavors. I went with peanut butter since I've already got beef flavored Jerky Naturals treats and I'm still unsure if Conker's allergic to cooked chicken.
The Hip Action treats are bigger than the Jerky Naturals by a little bit. Lamb flavor is on top, beef on the right, peanut butter on the left. I gave him one right after dinner. Conker was confused when I handed him such a big treat, I usually cut them into smaller pieces for training purposes. After I told him he was fine he munched away and dropped a lot but slurped it up soon after. He wasn't as enthusiastic about it like he is with the lamb flavor but he still enjoyed it.
I cut the trachea into four roughly 2 inch pieces and gave one to Conker before dinner. He LOVES these and was bugging me to give him the other three for a while. I'm probably going to order a 50 pack of 3 inch trachea chews from bestbullysticks.com for him, as well as a few bully sticks since I'm out of those.
I'm going to give him a Hip Action treat every other day and a trachea chew every other or every three days. He gets plenty of the Jerky Naturals treats during the day and still has a cow hoof to chew on so he doesn't need too many extra things or he might begin to put on a few unwanted pounds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment