Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A box of biscuits.

While most people would think that a dog with it's head stuck in a box of biscuits happily munching away was cute or funny, I find it completely horrifying when that dog happens to be mine.
Conker is intolerant to the first five ingredients in those biscuits.  Wheat Flour, Poultry Meal, Ground Wheat, Ground Corn, Wheat Bran.  The rest of the ingredients are things I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.  Why people feed this shit to their dogs is beyond me, but we had a box that was about 1/4th full of that garbage.  I say had for a reason.

After letting Conker out of my room like I do every morning and went to sleep again, I heard this odd sound a few minutes later.  I figured it was Mom out in the garage but the more I listened the more I realized that whatever it was was right outside my door.  So I opened the door to see my Shiba with his head stuck in that damn box eating the biscuits inside.
I flipped out.  Probably a little worse than I should have.
I promptly took the box and remaining bits of biscuits away from Conker and kenneled him.  Mom asked me as she came into the house why I was making such a racket and why I was putting Conker in the kennel.  The reason surfaced about 15 minutes later.

First it was just white foam, then it was the mushy remains of a large handful of soggy crap biscuits.  I pointed out the foam to Mom (who missed the biscuits a few minutes later) and told her in an annoyed tone "THAT'S why he doesn't eat shit biscuits.  And THAT'S why I put him in the crate instead of letting him run amok in your house."
She agreed on the kenneling thing and was again not present when he barfed up another HUGE pile of the shitty biscuits.  This one was equal to about two and a half huge handfuls of biscuits.

I examined the box of biscuits to see that there's only about 10 left.  It's kept on the floor in the pantry with the Pedigree shit that Mom feeds her dogs.  Someone left the pantry door open and it wasn't me.  That's how he got the box.

His stomach was really solid after eating the biscuits but was somewhat normal after he threw them up. 
I really hope Conker doesn't have anymore biscuits in him.  If he does it might fuck up his digestive system since he hasn't ever eaten that shit before and all my hard work on getting him settled on raw would have gone out the window.
He looked distressed for a while but after the third batch of biscuits he looked better and eventually fell asleep.  I'm not taking any chances though and he's staying in the crate until he's 100% pre-biscuit Conker again.  He's also pretty pissed at me since I yelled and took the box away, and he didn't and won't be getting any breakfast.

I'll admit that I overreacted and are probably more upset over this than I should be.  However, since he's allergic to the biscuits and has a history of a sensitive stomach, I think I have the right to be mad about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment