I gave almost all of my meat away today. It's kinda sad, I have no more meat for my dogs (sparing some treats I'd made and a couple meals for the Girls) and thus feeding the dogs has suddenly become really boring. But those people I gave the meat to looked like they really could have used some free meat, so it's all good. (Everything they got was human-grade stuff.)
Conker still hates the crate, I don't think he'll ever actually like it.
I am just about packed for Alaska and only have a few things left to do. The freezer is defrosting, the trailer is almost cleaned out (needs a good vacuuming), I cleaned my stuff out of Leo (my Jeep), and I am just about packed. Only a few odd things left to do here and there.
Oh, I found something out recently.
If you are a regular reader of this blog, you might know about something Conker creates I call Deathfarts. Well, I have found a culprit! Raw lamb. I have been adding lamb to his food for the past few days and the Deathfarts have been about overwhelming. When I remove the lamb, the Deathfarts go away. So, no more raw lamb for Conker.
Anyways, I am excited to go to Alaska, but not looking forwards to traveling. I really hate airports, they ruin the fun of flying (if there aren't a million people in the plane) and stress the crap out of me. The fact that I'm going to have a dog, my dog, with me on this trip is even worse. I already stress enough about him, so this should be oh so interesting.
I'm probably not going to have internet access (actually I will, but I most likely won't be blogging) for a short while after I get to Alaska, so the blog won't update for a little bit after Thursday.
I get a weird kick out of airports and the inbetween time they create... but then again, I have to do enough traveling as it is, I BETTER like airports in some capacity!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I hope you have a totally stress-free, comfortable flight, and that everyone is nice and careful with Conker, and that you will continue to find the opportunity to keep in regular touch even in Alaska. It really is going to be quite an adventure, and I envy your ability to just pick up and go.
Hope flight is well.
ReplyDeleteSaya has had death farts once was first time eating a lamb shank the marrow did it I think as she is fine with lamb meat.
She did it again once, but I dunno what set it off, but man she stunk.
I hope weather is good when you get there.
I will miss you ( I mean the updates on Conker). Deathfart is a deadly weapon that can comes in handy.. *wink* +Take care.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes! Looking forward to an update!
ReplyDelete