Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Conker Food Update

Conker has been very enthusiastic ab out food lately. So much so, that he'll eat whole pieces of raw bone-in chicken! Yay! I dunno if it's just him deciding to be a normal dog for a change, or that I'm gone for 8 hours every weekday now, but now that he's eating big chunks without picking things out I'm not mincing and mixing his food anymore.

Here's some recentish meals.

Juneau and Sasha had kibble mixed with ground beef and yogurt. Conker had his mince mix.

 A raw-food meal for Sasha. Consists of a chicken leg, pork meat, beef liver, and a couple farm eggs.

Here's some raw-food meals for the dogs. More or less similar to the previous picture.

These meals include a mixture of rice and oats, as well as mollusks.

In this one, the rice and oats are replaced with leftover pancakes. (For the Girls, Conker doesn't get pancakes.)

And this was the last of Conker's mince mix. I gave some to the Girls, along with some extra rice.

All three of the dogs are getting whole-foods now. I do still have some kibble left, but I'd rather work through my freezer of meat for a while. Plus I prefer to feed the dogs real food, it's healthier and more fun.
They usually get something like: Chicken Q chunks; a leg or thigh and back strip (1/2 Q) for the Girls and either a leg, thigh, or back strip for Conker (1/3rd Q), a hunk of pork or beef (usually pork), some beef liver, mollusks (oysters and clams), fresh farm eggs, rice or oats or both, and the supplements (kelp, chicory root, vitamin E for everybody, fish oil for Conker and Juneau, joint stuff for Conker). Sometimes I give leftovers as part of the meal (as is the case with the pancakes) and omit a regular item. They occasionally get yogurt or cottage cheese. Conker frequently gets raw goats milk when I have a glass.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love looking at pictures of REAL food for dogs!!
    I'm glad that Conker's not being so picky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I'm glad Conker is eating more. :)

    ReplyDelete