Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May - 28th

The dogs join me on the porch while I read after work, usually after they have been fed. They have to wait until I get back around 4:30, I'm not getting up any earlier than I already do to feed them before I go to work.

They watch the goings on of the neighborhood, and occasionally take off after a cat or squirrel...

This is about 10 days worth of food, just the boney and meaty bits (chicken, beef, and pork for this round). The grain-mix, liver, eggs, and extras are stored on top of the lid in their own containers.

Today's meal included a small serving of finely chopped organic greens. I want to see how well the dogs tolerate them, since there are a lot of leftovers after the farmer's markets and we don't try to re-sell two day old greens. (I'm gonna try squash after this.) We eat them, or they are given to the chickens.


Speaking of chickens...

You know it's feeding time when 200 some odd chickens (and a few roosters) gather around the fences or gates when you walk by.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy food. :)

    Saya and Bella loves squash. I fed it cooked and stuff and mixed in their dog treat mix.

    I finally got my veggies planted so can't wait for it to grow.

    Love the chicken picture mob of chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome job, with nice perks. Did they like the greens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They ate them! And so far, they digest them fine. No crazyness associated with the greens. I really did not think they would eat them, especially Conker, but today he slurped his up first. What an oddball.

      Delete