So, instead of doing things like getting groceries and buying a new poop scooper (I broke my old one), I took Conker and Katana on another short hike.
Conker shows Katana how a Man Dog takes a piss. Katana stands with all four feet on the ground while peeing, and sometimes it hits his front feet. I really really hope he grows out of that and starts hiking his leg soon...
Katana had a very brief off-leash hike since he decided to play "Catch me if you can!" and I don't do that shit. So I took off running in the other direction and got his attention and grabbed him when he got close enough and leashed him for the rest of the hike.
Conker retained his off-leash privileges, as he has for a long long time. He is only leashed when other people, dogs, or horses are on the trails, out of politeness.
I used this as an opportunity to teach Katana some leash manners. he was very unruly on-leash, but quickly grasped the concept of heeling that he was a pro in about five minutes!
Today's hike was very short since I wasn't having the greatest day due to everything being closed and my Jeep deciding to act really strange in the trailhead parking lot. And on the way home. I don't know what it's issue is, and I really hope it's easily fixable without me having to spend a lot of money on it.




No comments:
Post a Comment