Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Today on the farm we dug up some oddities.

Large scrotal sacs!
(Not actually a scrotum.)

After work, since my Jeep is out of commission right now, I rode my bike to town to get some things.

This is the True Purpose of rear bicycle baskets.

After that I made up a veggie grind for the dogs. It consists of: Carrots, cucumbers, kale, chard, squash, a dash of cantaloup, and some white rice. Everything except the rice is from the farm.

This is Katana's dinner.
A chicken back, rice, egg, veggie grind, small bit of turkey liver, half turkey heart and gizzard.

Katana has had a couple digestive disturbances. He was eating Taste of the Wild when I got him but developed some problems with it, so I switched him to rice and turkey misc for a few days, then added in some other ingredients one by one. So far he is doing much much better (digestive wise) on whole/raw foods, so, like Conker, he gets to stay on them.

The other dogs are currently eating some old EVO (pre-recall) I had in my chest freezer before the move.


Juneau escaped the fence YET AGAIN so she gets to stay on her chain until I build a new fence. I'm not going to bother trying to mod the old one, I didn't do that great of a job on it and I don't see the point in dumping money into something I'm going to replace soon anyways.
The only problem with that is she barks while on the chain in the morning...

4 comments:

  1. that's quite a bit of beer on your bike...

    What is that thing you dug up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a lot! There was more in one of the baskets...

      It's a sweet potato. Some of them were downright monstrous.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I was going to ask what the oddity was too. Were those the sweet potatoes from the hoop house? I remember planting those in the late spring. I wish I was there to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Those are the ones. We didn't get too many really, but it was pretty fun digging them up. It was like a treasure hunt since they weren't directly under the plants, you had to dig around to find them.
      This particular sweet potato was fantastic. Best sweet potato I have ever had.

      Delete