Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Early Morning in Wyoming

I want to move to this state really badly. I love Wyoming and how vacant it is.

This is the place that, during the drive from Missouri to Oregon, I was trying to get Conker to walk on the frozen puddles. I tried and tried but he just wouldn't go near them. Guess what happened? One of them broke and my foot got drenched in freezing water.

(February, 2011)

2 comments:

  1. Vacant, but not barren. Yes, definitely some romantic landscape. I was absolutely charmed by Laramie. And crushed that Wyoming universities don't even have departments in the fields where I hope to eventually find a job. Sigh.

    Maybe Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, Wyoming has a LOT in it. Most people find it boring because they drive through it on the 80 which is, compared to the rest of the state, boring. If you don't count the Rockies.
      My ex, his friend, and I drove through Yellowstone and some smaller highways in Wyoming down to Colorado a couple years ago on a road trip. It was BEAUTIFUL; the hills, plains, trees, bison on the road... everything was astounding. But they ruined it for me by complaining the entire way because Wyoming is "boring" due to the lack of civilization and whatnot. Almost every time I've been in Wyoming, the people I was with completely ruined the trip for me. When I drove through with Conker, I was finally able to appreciate that beautiful place without hearing negativity the whole drive through.

      Delete