Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Don't have a good title for this

Oh man, feeding "dog food" is soooo boring. I like making food for my dog. Planning, preparing, cooking, serving... The whole ordeal. I look(ed) forwards to it every day. Scooping, dumping, serving, is not that fun at all. Whoever invented "dog food" sucks.

Anywho... Today was RMB Day (raw and cooked food day now) for the Girls.

The Meat
They got: Turkey neck chunks, pork chunks, beef heart chunks, chicken gizzards, canned oyster.

The Grains
Then later in the day they were given the eeevil grains. Oats, canned fish (mix of salmon, mackerel, and sardine), egg, salmon oil, vitamin E, and ground roasted chicory root.

They thought it was very yumms, but Juneau didn't like how warm it was and wouldn't eat it until I blowed on it to cool it down.


In other news...
I have been researching the term "balanced" and how it applies to dog food. A lot of companies don't have the full nutrient analysis of their foods available to the public, and instead offer a much watered down "guaranteed" version that leaves out many, many things. The few companies who do have the full profiles online tend to have higher-quality foods.
An interesting trend I am noticing is that my version of "dog food" is a buckton more "balanced" than ANY of these companies so far. I find this to be a bit ironic, since "dog food" is supposed to be "better" than home-made food (and in some cases, it is) but when I am done with this research I will print out the data I have collected and stash it in my "how to prove my food is better than commercial" folder that I plan on showing any vet who is dumb enough to question what I do.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean by boring. I feel bored by feeding THK, which should be a bit more interesting than kibble. :)

    ReplyDelete