Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Dropping brands from the Trials

Due to the recent recalls (Salmonella) issued by Diamond, I will be dropping Canidae and Solid Gold from the trail. Why? Oregon isn't mentioned in the list of states that South Carolina plant distributes food to. BUT, it is. Taste of the Wild is made by Diamond, and due to the plant closure, it's very hard to find here. So they do distribute some of the South Carolina plant's foods to this state, but probably through another state's warehouse. Taste of the Wild is not on the recall list (yet) and neither is Canidae or Solid Gold (yet), but I'd rather not chance giving my dog Salmonella right now.

Until the recall is situated, I will probably find a different food for Juneau and Sasha to eat.

But but but, you feed Conker raw chicken! Yes, I do. But there isn't a recall on Salmonella infected raw chicken now, is there?


To see more information on the Diamond pet food recalls, you can check it out on a site setup specifically for the recalls, or you can go to dog food advisor and read about it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment