Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Kibble Trails: Contestant #3 Fromm Surf & Turf

I wasn't planning on doing another kibble trial for a while, but Conker is still being a buttface about eating his "normal" food, so here goes.


The third bag of kibble I will be trying is Fromm's Surf & Turf. This is a fish, duck, and potato based food. I hope the potato won't cause any issues, but I don't think it will.

The Rundown.

Fromm has a good selection of kibbles in their Four-Star, Gold, and Classics lines. The Four-Star and Gold lines have several flavors available, but only a few of them fit the bill for what I was looking for. Some of them I can't ever seem to find no matter where I go, but the one I originally had on my list was available.

Craptastic cell phone picture
Ingredients:
Fresh pacific wild salmon, duck meal, fresh russet potatoes, pea flour, fresh sweet potatoes, fresh duck, chicken fat, dried tomato pomace, salmon meal, whole dried egg, pea protein, fresh chicken, flaxseed, fresh Wisconsin cheese, salmon oil, chicken broth, fresh carrots, fresh broccoli, fresh cauliflower, fresh apples, fresh green beans, chicken cartilage, potassium chloride, fresh cranberries, fresh blueberries, salt, chicory root extract, fresh alfalfa sprouts, Yucca schidigera extract, sodium selenite, folic acid, taurine, fresh parsley, vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, choline bitartrate, niacin supplement, d-calcium pantothenate, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, riboflavin supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganous sulfate, magnesium sulfate, copper sulfate, cobalt carbonate, calcium iodate, sorbic acid (preservative), ferrous proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, magnesium proteinate, manganese proteinate, cobalt proteinate, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Bifidobacterium longum fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Enterococcous faecium fermentation product

Guaranteed Analysis:
Protein30% Min
Fat19% Min
Fiber3.5% Max
Moisture10% Max
Total Microorganisms100,000,000 CFU/lb Min
kcal/kg4,306.00
kcal/lb1,957.27


The 4 pound bag cost me $16.25, but that's due to sale tax. (Bought in Washington)

This is lower protien and higher carb than Conker is used to, so I will probably be adding in a bit of fresh meat (if hell eat it) to bring the protien level up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment