Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Money Spent in April

Here is month number 4's monthly total tracking thing. You can see last month's writeup here.

I spent a bit more than "usual" on food due to the kibble thing I am doing.


April 2012

  • Food:$53.90
  • Treats/Chews: $22.00

Total: $76.90

Significantly less than March, but food shot way up.

Food.
I bought two bags of kibble and several cans for the food trials I am doing. I bought one 4.5 pound bag of Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon and various cans from the Instinct line and one from the Prairie line. I also got a bag of Wellness CORE Ocean and cans from the CORE, Chunks and Gravy, and 95% Toppers and Mixers lines.
Oh, and one package of turkey neck, liver, gizzard, and heart. For $1.

Treats/Chews.
I got several chews from the Farmer's Market on two weekends. Various things like tendons, bully sticks, and trachea slices. I won't be buying more tendons though, since Conker cannot digest those very well. I also got a couple bully sticks at the petshop, as well as a 1 pound bag of Go! Salmon kibbles to use as treats.


That's it for April! I didn't buy anything other than edibles, even though I lost Conker's martingale collar and leash (I know they're in this house somewhere) so instead I made a collar out of an old belt and a leash out of a rope and carabiner. Why buy more stuff when I can make it?

2 comments:

  1. Um, how do you lose a leash and collar in your own house? =) Good thing you are crafty though.

    It would be interesting to see how your kibble months average out in comparison to your raw-only months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing about the leash and collar. But if you saw the house...

      I've got a raw-only month coming up, probably this month, actually. Since I'm most likely going to be moving soon, when I'm done with this bag of kibble, I'm going to put Conker back on raw foods for a while so I am not experimenting with his digestive system during the move and for a short time afterwards.

      Delete