Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Steak for Breakfast

Almost every time I tell someone that I sometimes eat steak for breakfast they look at me as if I am insane. I guess to them, steak is only for dinner.  Not for lunch, and certainly not for breakfast. But "steak" in the form of a burger is fine for lunch, but again not breakfast. Unless in a breakfast burrito.
I get the same look when I mention regularly cooking eggs and bacon in the middle of the night. Or maybe a nice pot of oatmeal. Or toss up a salad. What's up with that? Who decided that you are supposed to only eat certain foods at certain times and made it into some unwritten law?

But really, why should it matter? If I ate cereal (I don't like milk or soggy so I don't) then I'd probably have that for lunch, or a mid-afternoon snack. I also drink tea all day, almost every day. Any time of the day is good for tea, and like the food I don't regulate certain teas to certain times. "Breakfast" tea is fine in the middle of the night just like a "sleepytime" tea is fine in the morning.

I feel better throughout the day when I eat steak for breakfast instead of a more traditional meal. I also tend to eat more than I would at dinner. Which makes sense, to me at least. Eat a bigger breakfast, have more energy during the day, don't need to eat a big dinner later.
Works the same way for Conker. He has more energy during the day if fed in the morning than in the afternoon or evening.  I have actually noticed, since I stay up all night, that Conker is a lot more active at night, and making a racket when people are trying to sleep, when he eats later instead of earlier. (It's got nothing to do with me being up at night. I tested both feeding times to be sure of that.)

Funny how that works.


BTW, pan-fried steak, with a side of Vivaldi, makes for a very nice breakfast setting. Try it sometime.

4 comments:

  1. Steak breakfast yummy!

    That's OK in my book.

    I like tea too.

    I've made beef liver and eggs and toast yummy. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drop the toast and add BACON! Liver fried in bacon grease is heavenly.

      Delete
  2. Or do bacon, liver and toast. haha

    I like putting bit coconut oil instead of butter and jelly or honey on the toast yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I can't understand how people designate certain foods to certain times of the day. Steak is good any time!

    ReplyDelete