Yesterday I received a box with some dog boots in it. They were lent to me by Lobo's owner (over here at The Buhund Blog) so I can walk Conker while his feet heal. They are blue Ruff Wear Grip Tex Bark N' Boots. They are a size small, which is a tad big for Conker, but they will work for now.
Today he wore the boots while being fed. I hope, through doing this, that he learns to accept the boots since they are paired up with food. That has worked for Conker in the past, and he seems to be mostly okay with the front ones, but doesn't really like them on his hind feet, especially the right hind.
I am going to continue to have him wear the booties when he gets fed for gradually longer periods, then take him for a short walk in a few days.
For those interested...
This is Conker's new mince. It consists of: Chicken Q's, ground pork, beef liver, canned oysters and clams, a whitefish (not sure what kind of whitefish), rice, oats, egg, yogurt, and his supplements.
LOL poor Conker having to endure these dishonors to his royal feet. That video I linked you with the Shiba booties stuck out his rear right foot like that. Too funny :)
love the boots!
ReplyDeleteHate the captcha! : )
Glad he is enjoying the food. I hope the boots help.
ReplyDeleteLOL poor Conker having to endure these dishonors to his royal feet. That video I linked you with the Shiba booties stuck out his rear right foot like that. Too funny :)
ReplyDelete