Conker and I walked to the petstore today. It's only a few blocks down the street, maybe a ten minute or so walk. We saw something interesting on the way. An old lady weed-whacking her grass. Seriously? how many old ladies do you see having at their grass with a weed-whacker? Not many! That was pretty bad ass.
We picked up some Lamb flavored Zuke's Jerky Naturals (Conker's favorite), a small beef trachea, a pig's ear and a cow hoof. Then we walked back, and the little old lady was still going at her grass with the weed-whacker. There were also a LOT of people walking their dogs. We saw about six other dogs. Usually it's none or two at most. I guess the small increase in temperature is to blame.
We also ran to Petco and got a clicker since the ones at the petstore were way overpriced. More on that later.
I decided to go with the cow hoof first. I held it out to Conker who sniffed it then tasted it then kinda looked bored. I'm not sure he knew what to do with it until I tossed it onto the bed and told him to get it. After he mouthed it a bit more he figured out it was for chewing and went to town on it. Sasha ended up coming in when he wasn't chewing on it and stole it, he didn't like that, so I had to take it from her and give it back to the Shibrat. He chewed on it before and after dinner some more.
It's not a complete hit like a bully stick but it's good enough to hold Conker's attention for a while. Thankfully this hoof gets soft when chewed on and doesn't splinter into incredibly sharp pieces. I don't know if other types/brands of hoof do or what.
We will be trying out the other chews in the next few days and giving reviews on them. I'm going to go back to the store and pick up a few more hoofs for the Girls since Mom kinda scolded me for only buying one. I might grab a cow ear if they've got one, or a lamb ear. Can't remember which it is. Maybe a small antler too.
I don't know if it's just me, but I don't mind Conker chewing on his nasty smelly things on my bed. Sheets. Not the blanket, the sheets. I don't want him getting that stuff on my nice heating blanket (yes, even though it's about 70 degrees in the house at night I use that and make it a comfy 85.) I guess I should be a bit more cleanish and put an extra sheet on top of my blanket? I dunno, being unsmelly and clean isn't a big issue with me. If you saw the state of my hair you might question my sanity.
No comments:
Post a Comment