Petco was having a vaccination clinic today, they have them once a month at that one. A rabies vaccination only cost $12 and since Conker didn't need to go a vet for any reason, I figured I'd have it done there and skip the whole vet experience. I don't much like vets so... the less I see them the better.
Little did he know what was in store for him the next day.
I responded by telling him how much I like Pit bulls and how they can be great family dogs. This made the guy a little happier since he had his daughter with him.
The woman behind me, the Pit Bull puppy guy and I ended up getting into a conversation about nutrition and food while in line. Raw came up as well as grains and everyone else in the line seemed to be listening to me and the one lady talk about how most comercial pet food is full of crap and whatnot. The guy with the pit puppy was genuinely interested in finding a good food for the pup so that was nice.
Then came Conker's turn for his stabbing! I let the ladies know right away he was only there for rabies. Thankfully they were real nice about it and didn't try to talk me into getting any other vaccines. Conker did great too. I was almost expecting him to turn into a true Shiba and go bonkers on them but he sat nicely, let them pet him and didn't move or make any sounds when he was given the shot.
I'm not really wanting to give Conker any dinner just in case he decides that rabies vaccines don't work with him and redecorates my room. I figure he'll be fine though. He didn't get breakfast (just in case) and has been giving me dirty looks all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment