Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Chews Part 2
Conker inititally went for the pigs ear then ignored it every time I offered it. So I tried giving him the trachea. He ignored it at first, more intent on getting a reaction out of the clicker sitting on my desk, then decided to give chewing on it a try.
He loves the trachea, almost as much as a bully stick! The pigs ear? Not really. He licked it a few times then left it alone. I let him chew on the trachea until he'd gotten about halfway through.
I went to the petstore and got Juneau and Sasha each a hoof to chew on. Sahsa went right to town on hers but Juneau... not much interest in it. I tried to get her to chew on it by encouraging her when she licked it but after a while she just laid there with it between her paws. So I took Conker's rejected pig ear and gave it to Juneau. She loved that! So now Sasha gets cow hooves and Juneau pig ears... I guess.
I'd give one to Sasha but she's still fat. I'm monitoring her food, treats and chews so hopefully she'll begin to slim down by their next bag of kibble.
Which is going to be Taste of the Wild!
Juneau however decided to change her mind and after Sasha got up and left her hoof, she swooped in and took it! Now she's chewing on it. Sasha will get Juneau's old one.
So the verdict is as follows, a simple yes or no if they would chew on it or not.
Pig ear: Conker no, Juneau yes, Sasha unknown
Cow hoof: Conker yes, Juneau yes, Sasha yes
Trachea: Conker yes, Juneau unknown, Sasha unknown
Bully Stick: Conker yes, Juneau yes, Sasha yes
I imagine they'll all chew on the trachea so I'm most likely going to order a bunch from bestbullysticks since they've got amazing prices on them. Also, I could try stuffing one full of meat for Conker to see if it'll slow his eating down a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment