Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Foot pain

So, about a week ago, I took Conker and Juneau on a walk.  Sometime during that walk I decided to jog a bit.  Well, Juneau completely misunderstood that jog meant go slow and she took off RUNNING!  She dragged me about 100 feet down the sidewalk before I was able to get her to stop and by then the tops of my feet were in a lot of pain.
That's right, the top of my feet.  Not the bottom, heel, ankle (what I originally thought was in pain), knee... tops of my feet.  It's a very weird place to experience that sort of pain.
Anyways, I think it's something like extensor tendonitis or whatever.  The pain is still there and does a really good job of preventing me from running, jogging or even walking quickly on my toes.  Which I used to do a lot of.  The toe-walking thing.
So if someone happens to try to rob me I won't be able to get away.  Since it'll be super fucking painful to attempt that.  I guess it's a good thing that I live somewhere with like, a 0% crime rate.

Other things I can't do are go down stairs (up is fine) and bend my feet a certain way.  Which is required to walk so even walking is mildly painful. 


I just hope it gets better soon, since I am not quite fond of doctors.  You know the dogs who, when taken to the vet, need to be muzzled and given a tranquilizer?  Yep, that's me.  Plus I tend to disagree with everything they say (even though they are most likely right) especially when it comes to dudes who just write a perscription to treat the symptoms instead of trying to find a way to treat the cause.

So, I haven't done much exercise lately, and I feel like crap.  I was just getting into a nice walking/jogging routine and then Juneau has to go do this to me.  Yay, now I'm gonna get lazy again.
At least I'm still able to "work out" a bit.  Lift weights and all that.  Maybe I'll get a membership at the gym and go do laps in the pool or something, since that doesn't really put any stress on your feet.


This means that interesting updates are probably going to be at a minimum until my feet feel better.  So, sorry if the blog gets boring for a bit.

4 comments:

  1. were you wearing your vibrams? i got foot pain like that after i tried jogging on a rocky path with my pure gloves on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it went away after two weeks, by the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but Juneau was pulling me like, really fast. I don't normally run fast at all or even actually run. I've jogged in my Vibrams all the time without problems. So I think it's the running fast without proper training that did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the pain. :( Bella used to be like that during runs it took long time for her to learn life isn't a race. hehe

    I hope your feet feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete