| Bones are in the back on the right. |
Brown Rice Flour, Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Tapioca Starch, Whole Ground Oats, Gelatin, Chicken, Natural Chicken Flavor, Calcium Carbonate, Apples, Parsley.
Nothing looks terrible here, and the only problem for me is the chicken content. The chicken flavor is the only kind of Bones Freshpet makes right now, but as an occasional treat I don't think it will be a problem for Conker.
The "bone" is about 5 inches long. The outside is the rice stuff, the inside the chicken part. The chicken is kinda like marrow while the rice like actual bone. It didn't last as long as a real bone though, but it did help clean a bit of the gunk off Conker's teeth that had built up a bit since he started eating Freshpet.
So I can see why these would be beneficial to your dog if you fed them Freshpet's food. Like I said in part 1 of the review, the food has no benefit to the teeth, so giving your dog a "bone" every week or so will help keep the teeth healthy and clean.
For the first sample I let Conker have only half of the bone. He really liked it and was not happy when I took the remaining half away, but I wanted to be sure there wouldn't be any problems on the back end.
Things were a bit soft and... odd looking, but the next time around everything was fine.
Conker really enjoyed chewing the bones. The first time it took him about 20-30 minutes to get through half, then only 20 minutes for half, and the second bone I gave him he went through in 30 minutes. I originally only wanted him to have half but he chewed it so quickly I didn't notice until it was gone.
So for Conker they aren't incredibly long lasting.
These, like all Freshpet's stuff, need to be refrigerated and they tell you that if your dog doesn't finish a bone in 2 hours to take it away and refrigerated it. They also say to use up the bones in 14 days after opening.
Again I'm not sure if I can get these locally or what they're price is. Once I find out I'll update this.
Anyways, that was part two of the review! Here is Part 1 and Part 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment