Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It was a tad chilly today

We headed out on our Tuesday hike and were greeted by 35 degree temperatures.  The front yard's grass was still frozen in a couple places, but thankfully there wasn't any water on the roads so the way over to Cathedral Hills was fine.

The trails themselves though...

Parts had a thin layer of ice that cracked when I stepped on it.  Conker didn't seem to notice.  And today he was being exceptionally obnoxious by pissing on everything every five feet or so. 

Most of the trail had frost where there wasn't ice.  A couple places were clear of both but the ground was pretty solid and mostly frozen.  We only ran into one other person on the trails.  I guess it was a bit too cold for most people today.


In other news...
The crate training is going smoothly.  Yesterday Conker was going in on his own and laying down and not being annoying.  I haven't tested him by closing it and leaving yet, but I'll get around to that sometime soon.

This is what breakfast looked like.
Honest Kitchen Keen, cooked quinoa, ground beef and regular stuffs.  Conker liked it a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. :)

    I never heard or eaten quinoa before I got some cereal that has it in it and it's my favorite one..

    I might try cooking Quinoa to try see if it taste good. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quinoa is pretty good with a bit of butter on it and is quite healthy too. Conker loves it and will complain if I don't share.

    ReplyDelete