Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Results of Various Vegetable Oils

I wrote a short while ago a bit about fats and oils and how some of them kindapossibly affect Conker in adverse ways.
Here's a short and to the point analysis of what went down.

Corn oil:  NO.  End of discussion.
Canola oil: Okay in very very very small amounts.
Olive oil: Okay in small amounts.
Coconut oil: AMAZING!

That's the general jist of it.  I haven't tried anything else so far but I'm content with the results of coconut oil to not feel the need to further experiment on this topic.
The coconut oil I got is a brand called Dr. Bronner's Magic "All-One!" Fair Trade & Organic Fresh Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil. Whooooo!

Anyways, Conker loves the coconut oil.  He gets a spoonful(s) when he eats The Honest Kitchen and a bit drizzled over his meat when he gets raw food.  Sometimes it's solid and I just plop it in there, either way, he enjoys it and it gets him to eat things he finds questionable quite easily. 
Since adding coconut oil to his diet his fur has softened, begun to shine more and adds a slightly tropical scent to his coat that I like due to him smashing his back against my face in the middle of the night.  It hasn't seemed to help the deathfarts but I've basically given up trying to remedy that.

1 comment:

  1. Glad Conker likes the coconut oil Saya loves it she'll eat it off my hand or mixed in things.

    I need buy her some more..

    She also loves coconut flakes the brand is bob's red mill coconut flakes unsweetened it doesn't have any chemicals like Sodium metabisulfit..

    I also got her shredded kind too I plan make dog treats with the coconut in it.

    I've read coconut has some good benefits and tastes good too. hehe

    ReplyDelete