So, I kinda jumped the gun a bit and sent out my boxes for the Shiba Inu and Nihon Ken forum secret Santa Christmas exchange things a tad early. But, since I'm going to AZ soonish, and I have a birthday coming up, I wanted to get that out of the way so I wouldn't be all "OH CRAP I HAVE TO SEND STUFF AND ONE OF THEM IS INTERNATIONAL!" with only two days left or something.
Yep. Fun.
I tried to pick things I knew Conker, and Juneau and Sasha, all loved so that the recipient dogs wouldn't turn their noses up at anything. I also accidentally picked all things made in the USA. I almost never do that intentionally. (I do avoid things from certain countries and companies though.)
So what ended up getting sent off in the mail today?
To the Shiba recipient:
1 bag of Zuke's Mini Naturals salmon
1 Zuke's Original Z-Ridge (now discontinued)
1 package of Boneys Bonez trachea chews
1 True Chews bully stick
To the Nihon Ken recipient:
1 bag of Zuke's Jerky Naturals salmon
2 Zuke's apple Z-Bonez
1 package of Boneys Bonez trachea chews
2 True Chews bully sticks
I was somehow able to smash all that into two, 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8" flat-rate boxes. They were tiny little boxes. I knew the Shiba items would fit fine but the Nihon items? I had to rearrange and wiggle them around a bit to make sure they'd all fit into that little box. I was determined to do so, since going up a box size (or making my own) would tack an additional $30 onto the shipping price and I was not wanting to do that.
I hope the dogs getting this stuff like it all.
Boneys Bonez is a small, local Pacific Northwest company. They make excellent natural dog chews.
An additional $30 in shipping?!
ReplyDeleteEgads, the USPS really has changed on me... *cry*
Yeah, I was a bit shocked to see that. But I was glad that I could still ship international for under $15, which is why I put my name in for the that part of the exchange. It would stink if someone had to be left out if nobody would ship to them.
ReplyDeleteWell, I guess I'll get to find out for myself... just got my B-forum gift exchange recipient, and I'll be shipping to the Netherlands! Woohoo!
ReplyDeleteLooks like some nice stuff.
ReplyDeleteI love the secret santa thing didn't do it this year. I plan to do it next year though depends.