Despite the limited internet access here in Buckeye Arizona, had to write about this since it finally happened. The inevitable event that I have predicted for many months has finally come to pass.
The Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS digital ELPH is dead.
The lens will no longer open. It hasn't been able to zoom (in picture mode) for a long long time and recently it began to give me lens errors and it would shut down. Well, the other day I went to take a picture of Conker being cute outside while the wind was blowing his ears and tail everywhere (it was quite intense for a bit there) and it wouldn't open. So I pulled it open but then it wouldn't turn on, and it wouldn't close. So I closed the lens and that's whan it decided it had had enough. Keep in mind that I have not been gentle with this camera for a long time so it's my fault that the lens broke after it first began to give me trouble.
It's still dead though.
That does not, however, mean that there will be no pictures on the blog. There will in fact be pictures, but I will be using a a different camera (Mom's camera) that will hopefully be better than mine and actually do what I'd like it to. For what a simple point-and-shoot is capable of.
But...
It's a Fuij. Mom's camera is a Fujifilm FinePix J10 and if you've read some of my other posts about photography, you will know that I do not like that brand.
Anyways, I will not be getting a new camera for some time since I would like a Canon 20D or 30D and those aren't really something you go to the store and buy on a whim. And since I have purchased a good amount of dog things here in AZ (that aren't available in GP unless you order online) I have set back my camera purchase by a bit. So even with the passing of the five year-old point-and-shoot, don't expect the picture quality to increase just yet. They will eventually, but unfortunately not now.
No comments:
Post a Comment