$40 for 16 cubic feet. It's a bit old, so do not know how much energy it'll suck up. If it uses more than we'd like, I'll re-sell and get a newer used one. Freezers are hot items here no matter the age or condition, they go real quick, so if I do end up having to re-sell, it won't be a problem.
I'm going to hem and haw a bit longer. Last thing I want is to end up like mom went it comes to hoarding edibles that remain uneaten for years... and it'd be very easy for me to "lose" choice cuts of meat in a freezer that big.
I've been checking Craigslist too so far not much come yet waiting for one I like.
I'm sharing with parent's freezer mom gave me the bigger side of it and I coarse filled it up quick with yummy stuff.
Soon will be jammed packed full with chicken and turkey feet..
I don't loose what I got I have it set up right side has bone in items, middle liver and other secreting organs and left boneless, tongue, heart, fish and various items..
Hope it works well for you. I dunno how much my parent's freeze takes up on electricity I never asked.
YAYYYYYY!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so close to doing the same myself. Saw a few very affordable ones on Craigslist, but just thinking about the increased electricity costs...
Do you mind me asking how much this baby set you back?
$40 for 16 cubic feet. It's a bit old, so do not know how much energy it'll suck up. If it uses more than we'd like, I'll re-sell and get a newer used one. Freezers are hot items here no matter the age or condition, they go real quick, so if I do end up having to re-sell, it won't be a problem.
DeleteGreat deal!
DeleteI'm going to hem and haw a bit longer. Last thing I want is to end up like mom went it comes to hoarding edibles that remain uneaten for years... and it'd be very easy for me to "lose" choice cuts of meat in a freezer that big.
good deal for a large food box ^^
ReplyDeleteLovely looking freezer! :)
ReplyDeleteI've been checking Craigslist too so far not much come yet waiting for one I like.
I'm sharing with parent's freezer mom gave me the bigger side of it and I coarse filled it up quick with yummy stuff.
Soon will be jammed packed full with chicken and turkey feet..
I don't loose what I got I have it set up right side has bone in items, middle liver and other secreting organs and left boneless, tongue, heart, fish and various items..
Hope it works well for you. I dunno how much my parent's freeze takes up on electricity I never asked.