Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Reading List

Since I finally finished and returned the library books I borrowed a while ago, I can break into the small stock of books I have purchased in the past few weeks. I have recently discovered a used book store that I previously had never noticed that sells books for a really dang good deal. So I hop in there and pick myself up a few. I also bought one at another bookstore (new and used) a while ago, as well as some that I got for $1 at a yard sale. Oh, and a pair from a regular thrift store.
So, on my shelf of books to read are:

Hunting Dogs, by F.Philip Rice and John I.Dahl, first and second editions ($5 for both)
Hiking with Dogs, by Linda B. Mullally ($1)
Wolves, A Wildlife Handbook, by Kim Long ($2)
Never Cry Wolf, by Farley Mowat ($2)
Your Dog, The Owner's Manual, by Dr. Marty Becker ($10? Can't remember exactly)
The Dog Whisperer, by Paul Owens with Norma Eckoate ($3)
A Good Dog, by Jon Katz (1 of 3 for $1)
Cesar's Way, by Cesar Millan with Melissa Jo Peltier (2 of 3 for $1)
Dog Tricks, by Captain Arthur J Haggetry and Carol Lea Benjamin (3 of 3 for $1)

Note that one book titled The Dog Whisperer. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Cesar Millan butthead. The Dog Whisperer is a positive reinforcement training book, and I am looking forwards to reading it.
The only reason why a Cesar book is on my list is because it was basically free and I have never actually read any crap written by the egotistical bastard. I'm kinda curious to see what he says in it, but not at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. Good list of books.

    I have some too I need get out to read on spare time. Maybe I'll do that this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a copy of Never Cry Wolf that's been kicking around for a while... really wanted to read it after rewatching the movie (which I hadn't done since I was a child), and found the film to be much better than remembered. OHHHH, TIME FOR PLEASURE READING, WHERE ARE YOU?! *cry*

    Anyway, it's good that you're reading Cesar. It's important to know your enemies.

    ReplyDelete