Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Nights are getting chilly

It was a dastardly 46 degrees last night. Both outside and in the trailer. I closed all the windows and door (I usually have that open with the screen door closed at night) but that did not help warm the trailer much. While the trailer can have heat, it runs on propane, and I'd rather not do that (expensive). So I don't have any heat (yet) and had to figure something out to keep myself warm.
Already on the bed is a sheet, micro-fleece blanket, poly-fleece blanket, and pseudo-sleeping bag. I added an additional layer last night to combat the chilly air. Not the heavy-duty sleeping bag I reserve for the dead of winter. Not the wool blanket I jacked from the yard sale last year. No, I broke out...

The queen sized dual control heating blanket. And cranked it up to level 7 (out of 10).

It was cold enough that even Conker didn't want to stay on top of the covers and ended up squashed up against my face under the heating blanket. But alas, I was so annoyed with how cold it had suddenly gotten that I didn't actually fall asleep until about 7:30 AM.

The predicted temperature for tonight is from 54 to 48 degrees, depending on the site you use. This time if it gets cold enough, I will be prepared. I'll have that thing running before I even get into bed.  See, being the desert creature that I am, it's gotta be warm, even hot sometimes, in order for me to sleep good. If I am the least bit chilled, I won't sleep at all. Which is basically what happened last night.

Once he joined my face under the covers, Conker slept quite soundly. As usual.

3 comments:

  1. An electric blanket - my goodness! Where do you live? I'm in Arizona so I can't even fathom 46 degrees right now. I know Blueberry is a snuggler so during our "winter" here she is like my own personal furnace which helps because I cannot tolerate anything below 60 degrees either. I mean, I can if it is during the day and I am hiking - but sleeping comfort is a whole other thing. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Southern Oregon, but I spent most of my life in Arizona so I know what you mean!

      Delete
  2. I'm jealous! We are so ready for winter!

    ReplyDelete