Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Conker's Vet Visit

I took Conker to the vet today for an exam and rabies vaccine. I asked them if they could do a distemper/parvo shot too, and SPECIFICALLY asked for ONLY distemper and parvo. I ask: "Is that only distemper and parvo?" They say, "Yup!" So I let them give it.

When I get back home, I look at the bill and I notice that the vaccine's name consists of quite a few letters, more than I thought it would. I look it up...
FUCK
Conker got vaxed unnecessarily for adenovirus and parainfluenza on top of rabies, distemper, and parvo all in one day. Fucking liars. That really pisses me off.
The rabies shot only cost $9.50. But I would have outright refused the other vaccine if I knew what the hell it really was and saved myself $17.

Anywho, Conker was scared entire visit but was generally good. I got him microchipped, had a heartworm test (negative), got some heartworm preventative, and has his knees looked at. They are barely even grade 1 (manual exam only) so that is good. Really good, actually, as long as they don't get worse from slipping out or some sort of accident.
And they didn't bring up diet, so I didn't either. They really liked how soft Conker was though, so I told them it was the salmon oil.

So, while I really like this vet office since they are nice with the dogs and try to get to know them before doing stuff and plan on going back for whatever, that still doesn't make it okay to lie to my fucking face about the vaccine.


Here's a picture of Conker being stupid to make this post interesting.

Piss on your lies
The little dumbass lost that spiffy Zuke's bandanna yesterday when I took him hiking and he tore off into the woods after some animal and didn't come back for a while. Ticked me off that did. But he came back and that's the only thing that matters really so no harm done.
Except for losing that bandanna. It cost me $1 dammit.

2 comments:

  1. How obnoxious! How do they expect pet owners to make informed decisions about how to treat their pets if they simply lie when asked perfectly reasonable questions?

    There's something very wrong with that, and I'm not sure I'd let it go without at least telling them what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very obnoxious.
      It could have really been just a distemper/parvo shot and they put the wrong thing on the paper, but I don't think that's the case. That could result in an incorrect bill (which can be quite problematic) instead of just an angry customer.

      Anywho, as long as Conker stays healthy, I won't be seeing them for another three years (I am not the "bring your dog in every year!" type, and only go to the doc if there is a reason) and I don't think I will still be here then. Either way, I really do like this vet a lot, but that bugs the shit out of me that they did that with the vaccine.

      Delete