Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Money spent in March

I am keeping track of how much I spend on Conker each month and doing a writeup of the expenses when that month of over. Last month's expenses are here.
Here is my Conker expenses for the month of March.


March has been, by far, the most expensive month this year. Not because of splurging, no, not that, but because this month contained the much dreaded vet visit.
Anyways, onto the tally.

March 2012
  • Food: $11.40
  • Treats/Chews: $22
  • Vet/Medical: $183.40
  • Accessories: $11.50
Total: $228.30

Again, I prettymuch doubled (and then some) what I spent last month.


Food.
I bought four canned things: Salmon, Mackerel, Sardine, Oyster.  I am cutting clams out of Conker's diet due to price, and will probably do the same with fish once my current stock runs out. The clams are being replaces with gizzard, the fish with a Vitamin D supplement.
I also got some liver for $1.90 a pound and gizzards for $1.50 a pound.

Treats/Chews.
After Conker's vet visit we went to a treat store and bought a Zuke's chew. The farmer's market has started up again, so I bought a bag of assorted chews for the dogs as well, and some pig ear strips at the petshop.

Vet/Medical.
It was time for Conker to have a vet visit for a general checkup ($44) and to get a 3 year rabies vaccine ($9.20). Unfortunately, the vet LIED TO MY FACE about the other vaccine he got. I THOUGHT it was a distemper/parvo only vax but really it was a 4-way combo. That really pissed me off, and I would have outright refused it if I knew what it really was and saved myself $17.10.
I also got Conker chipped, which cost $51 including lifetime registration (AVID), had him tested for heartworms ($28.70), and got some Heartguard Plus for the summer ($36.40).

Accessories.
I went to Ross (I never go there so it was novel) and found some dog stuff. They had a metal diner-holder thing, for bowls, for only $8 so I bought it. It came with two bowls and some junk. I also bought a heavy-duty stainless bowl for $3.50 that I think is totally badass.

Hopefully April won't cost as much.


I bought two bags of kibble and some cans at the end of March, but since they are to be used in April, will be counted towards April's monthly expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment