Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

I used a mixer today

I don't normally do that, but I decided to try it. On Conker's oats. Since, for some reason, I ended up with twice as much as I was attempting to make and didn't want to mix it all up with a spoon.

The end result was about three and a half cups of nicely blended oats, sardine, egg, ground roasted chicory root, and something else but I already forgot what it was. So now I've got two extra days of oats for Conker, which I am very satisfied with. I haven't been able to get them to the texture and consistency I wanted for a while, no matter what I did with them during cooking and mixing until I used the electric mixer thing.

I think I will me making large batches from now on. The little tupperware in the picture holds 1 1/8 cups of stuff, which is about how much of the finished oat mash Conker gets each day. It works out nicely if I can get the measurements right on the first try. Which, no matter how well I follow a "recipe" it always seems to turn out different than the last time.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! :)

    Saya hasn't had cooked oats yet I used them in her dog treat recipe she eats it fine..

    She loves caned sardines, salmon, oyster, and clams.

    I love mixing all four or doing one caned item a week makes yummy snack.

    ReplyDelete