Today I took all three dogs on a hike at Cathedral Hills. It wasn't too long, and there was nobody else there. Probably due to the winter weather.
The dogs all thoroughly enjoyed it, especially Sasha! I figured Juneau would be the one to go bonkers so I had her wear a weighted pack, but I did not think Sasha would be running around like a rocketship. I should have brought one for her.
It had snowed earlier but was mostly melted by the time we went hiking. (Younger sister uses my Jeep to go to school, so I don't have transportation until after 3:30.) There was still a bit of snow on the ground at Cathedral Hills, it was raining, and there was fog. I thought it was fine weather and quite enjoyed it.
Conker had a blast, but got tired rather quick. Both of us need to work on getting back into hiking-shape so we can enjoy the 10+ milers that were the norm before we went to Alaska. But I've got to take it easy for a bit first to give Conker time to rebuild his leg muscles so I do not injure his knees.
Juneau and Sasha did fine, Sasha needs a loaded pack to slow her down. She was just having the time of her life blasting around with Juneau while Conker took up the rear, Sasha's usual position.


No comments:
Post a Comment