It's here, the day Conker and I fly back to Oregon. We are just waiting for check-out time to arrive so we can hitch a ride on the shuttle to the airport and sit around for an hour before check-in, then do some more sitting around, some flying, a lot more sitting around (got a 4 hour layover that wasn't there before... SO happy about that) and a bit more flying before we make the 30 minute drive back to GP.
So last night Conker, as usual, was up every few minutes barking (softly) at noises outside. This is normal for him in a hotel room, he's done it every time we've stayed in one. Unfortunately for me that means I get less sleep, but at least I got enough that I woke up before my alarm went off instead of after.
I gave Conker a long, long brushing and pulled many puppies worth of undercoat off him. Which means he's shedding right now, and it'll only get much much worse once we are in Oregon with the warmer temperatures. He looks, feels, and even smells a lot better now since he has not had a good brushing since like, the first week of being in Alaska.
After the brushing session, I gave him a very thorough massage which he completely enjoyed, so much so that he was making these funny sounds that he only does when he's very relaxed and comfortable. That made me happy to see him finally enjoying some good one-on-one time with me.
And that Amish Mafia show I watched last night? Freakin awesome.
Anywho, looking forwards to getting back to GP. I'm sure Conker will be very glad to be back home, Juneau and Sasha might not be as happy as him since he does annoy them somewhat (a lot, actually), but since I am part of the Conker package, I think they will be fine with that 'cause I'll take them hiking with me again.
Hope you had an uneventful trip.
ReplyDelete