Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Food Snob

It is back, the Discriminatory Shiba who harshly criticizes every healthy meal I attempt to feed him. He outright refused to touch the chicken neck, gizzard, and liver I offered him yesterday. The Girls got that and scarfed their shares down without complaint. Today he would only eat the turkey heart and neck, not the gizzard or liver. I don't think Conker likes liver very much, or gizzards for that matter, but this hate of chicken... I see a pattern from his previous sessions of food boycotting.
Note: Conker will inhale cooked chicken. Funny how that works.
As long as he does not refuse to eat turkey backs and necks again we'll be all fine and dandy, I think.

But with the Discriminatory Shiba, you never know.

This is what Conker was offered. Half a turkey neck, half a gizzard, half a heart, and one quarter of a liver. The Girls wouldn't have hesitated to dig into this, but Conker had to sniff it over for a while before nosing aside the liver and gizzard and daintily licking up the heart, which he chewed slowly, then went after the neck in a cautious fashion.

Tomorrow I will offer him the same thing since I halved the package. Juneau will get another 1/4 of the liver like she did today (Sasha, since she is the only one who will touch it, gets a chunk of venison liver) and if Conker refuses to eat anything else, she will get that as well.

This was one of my attempts to get Conker to eat the liver and gizzard. I chopped it into little bits and mixed it with an egg, but he would only lick up the egg and spit out the bits. I also tried mixing it with oatmeal (same result) and grinding the whole concoction up in a blender (outright refusal) but ended up giving it to Juneau.

I really would like to feed Conker more than just his kibble-of-the-day/week/month, an egg, some sort of bone-in turkey item, and his various supplements. I haven't tried the beef meat yet, but so far he has never really refused beef so I do not think that will be an issue.

Crappy cellular phone picture
Picky brat dog. He's just like a kid who won't eat his vegetables.

3 comments:

  1. My girl has picky tendencies. Will only eat organs frozen. Will only eat lung frozen. Won't eat Sojos. Brats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck with this Anonymous commenting?

    Have a look at my website.

    Look at my page etc. Seems like this is advertising not commenting on this person's blog..

    Ah well.

    I really hope Conker gets better with his eating.

    Saya is being a bit picky with her groundhog leg. Which is fine I offered it Yesterday she ate tiny bit of the meat, skin, and bone then didn't want it.

    I plan to offer it again today then tomorrow and if she doesn't eat it I'll try next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's spam... I get a lot of this actually. The spam filter didn't catch these I guess.

    ReplyDelete