Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ice Fog

That is what has been covering GP for a while now. Cold, thick, icy fog. It's kinda blah but not that bad, especially if you compare it to some of the other places I have been.

Today, we went for a hike in the ice fog.

The ground was mostly frozen, no surprise since the temperature ranged from about 30 to around 35.

There is a new section of trail that was put in while we were in Alaska. We investigated it today.

It is a spiffy little section, about 1/4 to 1/2 mile long, I have not figured out it's exact length yet. The terrain is pretty varied too, which is something I look for in a trail.

 After the new trail we hit up one of the old favorites.

Then took a couple shortcuts through some of the tougher trails.

Conker posed on a log.

 The fog was pretty thick in some areas, thick enough that you could feel it.

This hike was just Conker and I so it was not as hectic as it is when the Girls come along. Conker thoroughly enjoyed it, and I think that while he has a lot of fun romping with the Girls, sometimes he prefers the quieter hikes.

Been a while since I've done one of these, so here it is, the Obligatory Pick-Nick Table Shiba.

This picture shows how much ice was on some of the plants in certain sections of the trail.

The ice fog gave the trails a really neat visual affect, somewhat eerie but pretty cool at the same time. It felt really close, not claustrophobic (like in crowds of people, or buildings), but almost as if you had the entire forest to yourself. Until suddenly 30 feet away there is another person and their dog. Which Conker did superb with, coming right when I called and heeling perfectly by my side as we passed the other party.
This hike was a lot of fun, I really liked the ice fog. I have no idea how long this hike was, something in the 5 mile range I believe, and it was not enough for either of us. The next hike will hopefully be longer.

1 comment: