Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Evening hike with the Girls

Due to Conker's footwound, he did not accompany Juneau, Sasha, and I on the evening hike today. That's his own fault for taking on that raccoon, so I don't feel any pity by leaving his stupidness behind.

Juneau was energetic as always. The beginnings of hikes with her are somewhat intense. She's running around like mad and off out of sight, so I am always calling her back so she doesn't run into somebody when I can't grab her or spot some animal and take off after it.

Since Sasha broke her flasher, Juneau got to wear Conker's and Sasha Juneau's. I need to buy another one for Sasha, probably one like Conker's since it stays on well and doesn't flap around. 

Once Juneau calmed down a bit, Sasha kept up with her. They walked side-by side for the last half of the hike, except for when Juneau was blasting ahead like she did every few minutes.

As you can see in this video, Sasha still needs a bit of recall work. Juneau on the other hand has a very nice recall. This video was taken about 1/8th of a mile from the Skycrest parking lot, after the sun had set.

Which looked something like this.

1 comment:

  1. I love that sunset picture so beautiful.

    Bella is like that when off leash she has to let her excitement out it can get nuts luckily she is a lot better and doesn't zoom off anymore.

    ReplyDelete