Friday, June 22, 2012
Conker ate a lot yesterday. Not much the day before, maybe a cup of kibble. Yesterday he wanted some meat, demanded it, so I gave it to him. That might have had something to do with the fact that I was preparing a raw meal for the Girls. It takes considerably longer to prepare raw foods for three dogs instead of just one, and Conker will always get riled up when I do this. So yesterday, though he wasn't supposed to get any, he was doing his usual annoying things in excitement for the meal, so I gave him some. He ate it all, then later helped himself to half a cup of kibble in the evening.
Today he did not want any meat (though I'm not "supposed" to be feeding it to him, I will offer some to see what his reaction to it is) but he did eat some kibble. A cup of kibble, with an egg mixed in. He was not too enthusiastic about it, but at least he ate it all. I will attempt to give him another cup later in the day and see how that goes.Edit: I gave Conker another cup of kibble. He would not eat it without an egg mixed in. But he did finish it, so that's good.
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Conker got one cup of kibble in the morning with a small bit of ground beef and half an egg mixed in. He ate all but a few stray kibbles, that Sasha happily cleaned up for him. (I almost never let Sasha lick the other dog's bowls, especially Conker's. But I was nice today.) He was not too thrilled with the beef, so I will leave that out tomorrow, but seems to enjoy the egg and will eat the kibbles more readily if it's in there.
Conker got another cup of kibble in the evening, also with a bit of ground beef and egg mixed in. So far he does not discriminate against the digestive aids. While not needed (like they were with the Wellness), they do help him digest this kibble more fully. Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Yesterday Conker had a cup of kibble and 1 ounce of chicken and half an egg in the morning, one cup of kibble and an egg in the evening.
Today Conker had one cup of kibble and an egg in the early afternoon, and well as in the evening. Thursday, June 28, 2012
Today Conker had a cup of kibble and an egg in the early afternoon. He was reluctant to finish, but after sitting around for about 30 minutes, he decided he still wanted it and ate the last few bites.
He got another cup of kibble in the evening, but instead of another egg I added a half tablespoon of fresh melted pork lard. He only ate about half that. While he really liked the lard, it did not work so well in getting him to eat all the kibble. I added an egg, and he finished.While I do not really like "catering" to his pickyness, he needs to eat this amount of food in order to maintain his weight, so I will put up with whatever works.
I might try beef heart tomorrow, but I don't think that'll fly with him.
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Today Conker ate about 1/2 cup of kibble in the morning. A chicken back, some ground beef, and a small bit of ground pork in the evening. He refused an egg, and the rest of the kibble, as well as everything else that was in the raw meal I tried to give him. (It was one I'd made a while ago)
Edit: Scratch that, he just barfed up all the meat.Edit again: He ate 1/4 cup of mixed Fromm and Before Grain kibble, and 1/4 cup of Go! kibble.
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Last night Conker had about 30 grams (dry) of Sojos beef.
Today he had about 10 grams (dry) of Sojos beef mixed with a handful of ground beef in the morning.For dinner he had a cup and a half mixed Fromm and Before Grain kibbles doused in steak juice.
I think I will make up a pot of beef broth to put on Conker's kibble, since every time I have steak or beef anything he wants a piece, and I'd rather he eat his food than mine. The steak juice got him to eat his kibble, and maybe if I use broth it will work as well.
Note: I measure dehydrated foods like The Honest Kitchen and Sojos in their dry form, not their re-hydrated form, since it is very inconsistent and easy to measure incorrectly when it's re-hydrated as opposed to dry.
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Conker ate 1/2 cup of Fromm and 1/2 cup of Before Grain kibbles with a small handful of raw ground beef mixed in, covered with melted pork lard in the morning.
He was not very interested in this.
In the evening he had 1/3rd cup of Fromm and 1/3rd cup Before Grain kibbles mixed with microwaved-in-butter ground beef and leftover steak juice.
He really liked the mircowaved-in-butter ground beef mix.
I have started feeding him in a crate. He is given 30 minutes to decide if he is going to eat or not. If he doesn't, I either pick up the food and stash it for later, or give it to Juneau, who is more than happy to eat whatever Conker does not.
Friday, July 6, 2012
Today Conker had 1/2 cup each of Fromm and Before Grain kibbles with an egg mixed in in the early afternoon.
In the evening he had another 1/2 cup each of Fromm and Before grain kibbles, this time with a smidge of leftover bacon grease, steak juice, and a bit of melted butter mixed in.He left a tiny bit of his evening meal, which Juneau ate.
Saturday, July 7, 2012
Conker refused a raw meal (which I expected) then kinda surprised me by hurking up some yellow foam with tiny bits of liver than he'd licked off a cutting board in the morning. And a foxtail seed. I don't know what was up with that, if it was the liver or foxtail or what, so I held off on giving him food for a couple hours. He seems fine now.
He ate 1/2 cup each of Fromm and Before Grain kibbles mixed with a large egg in the early afternoon. He left a very small amount in the bowl, which Juneau ate. Did not barf it up.I gave him another 1/2 cup of each kibble in the afternoon mixed with some lightly microwaved ground beef. He ate all of it. Microwaved beef (or the juice) seems to be the thing right now with Conker.
Sunday, July 8, 2012
Early afternoon: Conker ate 1/2 cup of Before Grain kibble and slightly under a half cup of Fromm, with an egg mixed in.
Evening: Conker had 1/4 cup of Fromm and 1/2 cup Before Grain kibbles with an egg mixed in.He is starting to show more interest in food, which is good. For a while there he almost appeared to be resenting it. Now he looks a bit perky and will happily go into the crate when it's time to eat.
A note on the yellow foam from yesterday: Conker's done this before. He did it frequently when he was new to raw. Lately, whenever he hurks up yellow foam, it's because he ate something that didn't agree with him. That is why it confused me, since I couldn't figure out if it was the smashed liver bits or the foxtail seed.
Monday, July 9, 2012
Early Afternoon: Conker was offered 3/4 cup of Before Grain kibble with 1/4th can of EVO Salmon & Herring wet mixed in. He was not thrilled. He only ate about 1/3rd of that.
Late Afternoon: Conker was re-offered the leftover Before Grain kibble/EVO wet mix and ate it with a bit more ethusiasm.Evening: Conker had a half cup of Before Grain kibble with a small egg mixed in.
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Morning: I offered Conker 3/4 cup of Before Grain kibble with 1/4 can of EVO 95%. He ate about 1/4 of that mixture and refused the rest.
Afternoon: I offered Conker the remaining kibble/wet mixture, he ate a tiny bit then refused the rest. I gave it to Juneau.Early evening: I made Conker a new kibble mix. 3/4 cup of Before grain kibble with a small (double yolked so it was awesome) egg mixed in.
He did not touch it. Lately he's liked the egg mixed in, but now he does not.
Evening: I offered Conker the kibble and egg mix once more. He ate it all, but refused an additional 1/4 cup of kibble.
Morning: Conker was offered some EVO 95% wet with a bit of Before Grain kibble mixed in. He did not eat any.
Early afternoon: I offered Conker the same mix. He ate about 1/3rd of it.
Late Afternoon: Conker was given a third chance to eat the same mix. He did not. I stashed the mix and tried giving him some Innova Red Meat kibble. He ate 1/4th cup. I tried giving him some Before Grain 95% canned, he only ate a few spoonfuls.
Evening: I tried giving Conker some Innova Red Meat kibble. He did not eat any.
Yesterday Conker had...
Morning: One cup of Before grain kibble with some EVO 95% wet fish. He would not touch it.It was given to the Girls.
Early Afternoon: One cup of Before Grain kibble with an egg. He ate a tiny bit.
Evening: Same as before, only ate a tiny bit. The rest was given to the girls.
Night: One cup of Before Grain mixed with one half can of EVO 95% wet beef. He liked the wet food, but only ate about half this mixture. Would not accept more wet without kibble.
Morning: One cup of Before grain kibble with some EVO 95% wet fish. He would not touch it.It was given to the Girls.
Early Afternoon: One cup of Before Grain kibble with an egg. He ate a tiny bit.
Evening: Same as before, only ate a tiny bit. The rest was given to the girls.
Night: One cup of Before Grain mixed with one half can of EVO 95% wet beef. He liked the wet food, but only ate about half this mixture. Would not accept more wet without kibble.
Friday, July 13, 2012
Morning: I offered Conkeer some Innova kibble. He refused it. I offered him the kibble and canned mix I stashed last night. He refused it. I fed that to the girls.
Early afternoon: I gave Conker some leftover roasted chicken. Late afternoon: I made up a batch of "chicken stewp" which is 3 cups water, 3 cups partly cooked ground chicken. I added equal parts stewp to Before Grain kibble and gave to Conker. He ate it.
Hopefully he will not react badly to the chicken stewp. He has been iffy with cooked chicken in the past.
Saturday, July 14, 2012
Morning: Conker got 3/4 cup Before Grain kibble and 3/4 cup chicken stewp. He ate about half.
Evening: Conker was given the same ratio of kibble to stewp. He ate about 3/4 of it.
I am going to reduce the overall amount of food to see how much it takes to get Conker to finish the whole meal. Probably something like 1/2 cup kibble and 1/3 cup chicken stewp. Maybe less.
I don't like having leftovers even though the Girls will happily finish it for Conker.
Evening: Conker was given the same ratio of kibble to stewp. He ate about 3/4 of it.
I am going to reduce the overall amount of food to see how much it takes to get Conker to finish the whole meal. Probably something like 1/2 cup kibble and 1/3 cup chicken stewp. Maybe less.
I don't like having leftovers even though the Girls will happily finish it for Conker.
Sunday, July 15, 2012
Morning: Conker was given 1/2 cup kibble and 1/4 cup chicken stewp. He ate a very tiny bit. The Girls got to split the rest.
Evening: Conker was given 1 cup of plain Before Grain kibble. He ate it.I don't understand him at all.
Monday, July 16, 2012
Early afternoon: Conker was offered 1 cup of plain kibble. He ate most of it.
Evening: Conker was given about a cup and a quarter of kibble. He ate just under a cup. Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Late afternoon: Conker ate 1/2 cup of Before Grain kibble.
Evening: Conker ate 3/4 cup chicken stewp and 1/2 cup Before Grain kibble.So far, increasing exercise has not worked in getting Conker's appetite back up.
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Yesterday: Conker ate a cup of Before Grain kibble and a 3 inch bully stick.
Early afternoon: Conker was offered 1/2 cup Before Grain kibble with some pulverized chicken meat and diluted drippings mixed in. He finished it all, so I guess the chicken mix was good.
Evening: Conker ate one cup of kibble with some of that funky chicken mix.
Early afternoon: Conker was offered 1/2 cup Before Grain kibble with some pulverized chicken meat and diluted drippings mixed in. He finished it all, so I guess the chicken mix was good.
Evening: Conker ate one cup of kibble with some of that funky chicken mix.
Friday, July 20, 2012
Early afternoon: Conker ate 1 1/2 cups of Before Grain kibble with some pulverized chicken slush mixed in.
I probably won't try to feed him again today, that was good enough. Sunday, July 22, 2012
Morning: Conker ate 1 cup of Before Grain kibble with an egg mixed in.
Evening: 1/2 cup of kibble with pulverized chicken mixed in.Conker seemed very interested and excited to be given the food and finished everything he was given. He has had a positive attitude towards food for three days so far. I hope this continues.
Monday, July 23, 2012
Morning: Conker had 1 cup of Before Grain kibble with egg mixed in.
Evening: Conker had 1/2 cup Before Grain kibble with pulverized chicken mixed in.
Teusday, July 24, 2012
Morning: Conker had the same as yesterday.
Evening: Conker had the same as yesterday.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Morning: Conker had 1/2 cup Before Grain and 1/2 cup Innova kibbles mixed with an egg and pulverized chicken.
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Conker had 1 1/3rd cup of Innova Red Meat with pulverized chicken mixed in.
Friday, July 27, 2012
Conker was given 1 1/2 cups of Innova Red Meat kibble with an egg mixed in. He ate all but a few bits.
I think he can't eat more than about a cup and a third in one sitting, so he will get a bit less tomorrow.
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Conker ate 1 1/4 cups of Innova with an egg mixed in.
Monday, July 31, 2012
Yesterday: Conker got 1 cup of Innova kibble with an egg.
Morning: Conker ate 1 cup of Innova kibble with an egg mixed in.
No comments:
Post a Comment