Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Random bath and bone day

So, last night, the Juneau Dog decided to roll in the piss of some sort of wild critter, probably a raccoon. I did not know this until after she'd jumped into the trailer and rolled on my carpet and couch, spreading the fabulous piss scent all over my living space. Thanks to Juneau I had an impromptu cleaning session that lasted about 20 minutes as I scrubbed the scent out of my upholstery and her fur.
The scent lingered the next day, so during the middle of the heat, I decided to be cruel and gave Juneau a bath. Then Sasha, and then Conker. The other two didn't roll in whatever delicious scent Juneau had the night before, but the way I see it, if I'm gonna clean one dog, I'm gonna clean them all.
None of them were too happy about that.
To make up for being "mean" to them, each dog got a frozen treat to help keep them cool as they dried off.

One smallish chunk of turkey neck and beef trim for Conker, one turkey neck for Sasha, and one beef rib for Juneau.

Juneau got right to work on her beef rib. I love taking pictures of her munch on bones since she changes position frequently.

Sasha, as usual, went into the bushes to eat her neck. This is the only in-focus picture I got of her.

Conker gave me a primal wolf glare as I scooched in to sneak some photos. He has come a long way in his food aggression, which was mainly directed at other dogs but did occasionally include humans, and is generally fine with me getting in his face while he eats.  But today I guess he didn't want a paparazzi and let me know.

Juneau took three times as long as Conker and Sasha to work the frozen meat off her rib bone.

She spent a long time scraping the scraps off the bone then stashed it in the bushes when she was finished. It was completely stripped clean, and she'd gnawed off some of the bone as well.

The Girls are seven years old this month. I am going to celebrate by giving them each a cornish hen stuffed with beef heart and lamb liver in a couple days. Conker may or may not get something as well, since he skipped his birthday hen due to his food aversion.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love how dogs get messy.. Bella rolled in coyote poop once on a off leash walk in fields.. She walked over to the poop sniffed it and went head first into it.

    I was like omg no Bella! >.<

    She got a good bath after that. omg she smelled bad.

    Luckily she hasn't done much poop rolling anymore.. She did try to eat horse poo.. why can't you be like Saya.. She just sniffs the poop, but doesn't eat it! silly dogs.

    Nothing like bringing your dog in from last potty of the day to find she got skunked and went on the guest bed.. haha

    That happened with Pearly my first boxer.

    ReplyDelete