Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Money spent in August

To see last month's tally, click here.
I forgot where I stuck the list of dogstuff I have bought this month, so this is a guesstimate.

August 2012
  • Food: $20.20
  • Treats/Chews: $3.00
  • Toys: $1.00
Total: $24.20

Food.
I bought one bag of Nature's Variety Raw Boost Chicken which I will be trying out after the next bag of Before Grain (buffalo, also has chicken meal in it) to see if Conker actually has a problem with chicken-based non-raw foods or not. In the past he has, but recently he's been able to eat cooked chicken with no problems, so I am a bit confuzzled about it and would like to get it sorted out. Anywho, that originally cost $20 but not only was it on sale for $17, I had two coupons which I used (one for Petco, one for Nature's Variety) so I only spent $9 on it. Unfortunately Petco only had the chicken type in stock (for the size I wanted), so that's what I got. If they had another type then I'd have gone with something other than chicken.

I got some ground beef that was on sale for $7.20 at a measly $1.70 per pound! That is a KILLER deal for beef. I picked up a package of lamb stew meat for $1.40 ($1.80 per pound) and some turkey misc for $1.60 ($0.69 per pound).


Treats/Chews.
I got some trachea chews at the Farmer's Market. 6 slices for $1. I got $3 worth.


Toys.
I bought a tennis ball thing for the shelter dogs for $1. I do that every now and then.

1 comment:

  1. Good deal on that bag of Nature's Variety! We got a sample pouch of the raw boost stuff... I think there were like 8 freeze dried chunks in the whole bag. Geez... I'll be adding the raw myself, at that rate.

    ReplyDelete