We went on another evening hike today. This time where was a number of people on the trail but none of them had dogs and there were no horses. Just some joggers.
But there were plenty of fascinating scents and sounds. I frequently had to call Juneau to me to get her to pay attention so she wouldn't wander off-trail someplace.
When she got too hyped up and was zooming everywhere, I'd call her to me and we'd take a short break.
They didn't always work.
A lot of people seem to think that 7 is "getting old" for a dog. Maybe for some dogs, but definitely not Juneau. She still acts like a 2-3 year old when I take her on hikes. Everything is interesting and must be investigated at full-speed.
Sometimes I could get her to slow down to my and Sasha's pace. Sasha's pace matches mine perfectly most of the time, but Juneau and Conker's energy levels are better suited to mine.
We took a couple group shots, not just on the pick-nick table. This one has some barely visible mountains in the background.
Sasha hardly ever goes farther than 15 feet in front of me. Juneau ranges out quite far, sometimes almost out of sight or around a corner. She will go farther than Conker, who has quite a big range.
We did something like 5-6 miles, I'm not too sure. I cut it shorter than I'd wanted to but it was still a lot of fun.








Looks like fun. I agree 7 years isn't too old Our dogs were energetic at that age. What made Junior's passing so hard was he was 7years so young to be put to sleep. :\
ReplyDeleteHe had leukemia I think his passing and Pearly having brain tumor is what caused me to look for better equability kibble for our next dogs.
Can't change the past so many what ifs, but worrying and feeling guilty won't change it.
Your dogs are so lucky to have nice place to hike best thing for a dog is good diet and exercise. :)
Kinda neat how different dogs have different ranges they wander.
Saya ran off pretty far she was after a rabbit. She lost it and came back to my side.
Bella is doing much better off leash I think her hypothyroid meds help a lot.