Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Crows in the Park

I took Conker on a short walk to and around the little park down the street from my house. There were crows scattered in the park, picking food and bugs out of the grass. The crows largely ignored us, until I told Conker...

"Get the CROWS!"

I drop the leash (and thus, since he was not "off", avoided breaking the law) and watch as he streaks towards the nearest crow, unaware that a Shiba is barreling down on it. Suddenly, right before he gets to the crow, Conker breaks off his pursuit and makes a tight circle around a large tree, then arcs out into the grass, leash trailing behind him.

Conker takes a few large passes then begins to spin... And makes a loud attempt at catching his own tail. Round and round he goes, snarling viciously, grabbing his tail, dropping it, running for a few yards, then jumping in tight circles once again.

I stood there, a bit confuzzled. Conker chose to chase his tail over catching (and killing) a crow, which I am sure he would have, since the bird hadn't flow off yet and didn't seem concerned about the insane dog running circles in the park a few yards off.

Oh the joys of owning a Shiba Inu.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, in that running picture he's got that "running smile" I always catch Lobo with.

    So quirky with the tail chasing. That link about obsessive tail-chasing you posted in the NK FB group was really interesting.

    Also, interesting trick for legally being not off-leash!

    ReplyDelete