Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Cats are EVIL

I was attacked by a cat.  My neighbor's cat, who was wanting to be pet so I pet her.  Then she attacked!  I think it's because Indie suddenly ran over to where we were and Nala decided it was my fault and savaged my hands.
Cat scratches and bites really hurt.  I haven't been attacked by a cat for years, and I'm convinced I don't want a cat for a long time now.  Even if I did get a cat it wouldn't be for pet reasons, it'd be because there were too many pests around my property.
Anyways, she didn't actually hurt me that bad.  It was just really surprising, and it felt exactly like the time I got a jumping cactus stuck to my leg, except it was my hands this time.

On the right hand: There are at least seven punctures above my thumb, a gash on the inside of my hand, a deep puncture on my wrist and a couple smaller punctures and scratches down my arm.
On the left hand: There is a deep puncture in the middle of the heel of my hand, three punctures on the outside of my hand, two scratches on my wrist and a puncture on my arm.
There was a lot of blood all over my hands and I was surprised at how small the wounds were after I'd washed it off. They are healing fine but the puncture on my right wrist still hurts. Everything else I don't notice unless I smack it against something.

What did I learn from this?  That Nala is evil when she decides to attack.  She wasn't like Angelina (my sister's former cat) who would just swat or bite lightly first and if you persisted to annoy her, she'd attack. But Angie always warned first, there was no warning from Nala.
She went all-out and grabbed hold of my hand and savaged it with her teeth and claws.  I tried to get her off my right hand so she went for the left, then took off after I yelled several bad things at her.  It all happened in about 1/2 of a second.
Oh, and to watch out for Indy while petting Nala.  That is after all, what set her off.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch I've been scratched before no fun.

    Heck I've been bitten before and lucky me this cat had rabies so I got to endure lots shots. Fun time as a kid.. lol

    Hope your OK just keep it clean and stuff cants can be nasty sometimes. I don't think I'll ever own one too annoying and pretty picky to feed raw.

    ReplyDelete