Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

My computer is old

It has some serious lag when it comes to sites with a ton of flash on them.  Even photobucket gives it trouble.

So, like, I totally forgot what I was going to write.  Wait... Yeah, totally forgotten.  So lets write about something else!
Sasha's CGC class went well.  We learned down, stay and some more heeling.  They are really focusing on heeling since a lot of people's dogs are still spazmoids.  Namely Penny the mix that I see at the dog park, a bigass chocolate Lab, a Boxer, some other mutt and a Cardigan Corgi (who's owner is convinced he's a Pembroke.) Sasha has done very well with sitting since she automatically sits now whenever I stop.  She is slowly getting better with down but still needs a lot of work, that and staying in whatever position I told her to (down or sit)
I took her to the Grange yesterday.  The first time I've ever taken her into a building other than a house or vets office.  She did very well but was incredibly distracted by everything.  I also took her to Mini Pet Mart where she tried to steal some treats from a bin while I was talking to the owner of an adorable little Pom-thing.  I am going to take her to a lot more places and work on her sitting and staying in a sit in distracting enviroments.

Conker is still afraid of people on walks. Two little kids really wanted to pet him but he was all "NOOO!  GETAWAY FROM ME!"  Not cool since I was walking him on his collar, which is a choke chain for those of you who don't know.  Yes, I walk my Shiba on a choke chain.  Why?  Because he can escape everything else, even properly adjusted martingales, and I'm too lazy to put a harness on him 80% of the time.
Anyways, I'd really like to find some sort of scaredy dog class that will get Conker to the point where he won't get all RUNAWAY! at certain people.  I don't want him to love everyone or want to be pet, I just don't want him freaking out when some little kid sprays his sister with a hose.  He is good for the most part and stays beside me but with some people, no, he still tries to run. 

Mom wants me to reorganize the garage.  Like, the entire thing.

I gave the Girls a quarter turkey back today.  They were equal to about a whole chicken back, and even then they were still huge.  See, I've got a shitload of turkey backs since Rays sells them so cheaply and I always feel like I have to buy them.  Those and turkey necks which come with a gizzard, heart and liver. Speaking of turkey liver, I have no idea what to do with all the ones I've got since they have so much vitamin A I can't use them regularly.  They have like, 400% more vitamin A than Conker needs... per ounce!  That's a friggin lot, so if you know of something to do with turkey livers, for dogs and even people, let me know.

But the Girls really liked their turkey backs.  I'm going to give them more.  Conker got a turkey tail and some pork meat which he did eat.  He has also suddenly learned how to chew, and he took such a long time chewing the turkey tail I was wondering if he was actually going to eat it or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment