When Conker was younger I got him this treat dispensing toy made by Premier. It's in the Busy Buddy line and the toy itself is a Twist N' Treat.
I got Conker the puppy model in size small or medium, I can't remember right now which one it is.
Basically this toy has two pieces. You unscrew it, fill it with treats or kibble, screw it back together then give to your dog. You can adjust the difficulty by leaving it more or less open (there are two notches on the sides for the treats to fall through) and the smaller the holes the more the dog has to work to get the stuff out.
Here is a video of Conker playing with the toy:
He is kinda dumb in the video since it had been a long while since the last time he'd played with this toy. I also used treats that were a bit too big and were hard to get out. But he seemed to remember the jist of how it worked, though this was the first time I'd seen him use his paws to work the toy.
Anyways, when he was done with it Conker really wanted me to put more treats in so he could play again. I'd forgotten how much he used to love this toy when he was younger. He liked it so much that when he was on kibble it's how I fed him a lot of the time.
This particular Twist N' Treat is a little small for Conker now, if he were eating kibble, but since he doesn't it's fine for treats only.
I can't remember the exact price I paid for this, but I think it was around $7-8 bucks. The bigger models go for closer to $10-12. It's a bit steep for a toy that has basically one purpose but Conker really likes it and it's still alive so I guess it was worth it. This one is the puppy version, and there are others for adults but since Conker isn't much of a chewer I cannot really state how durable it is.
It is built pretty well. It's made of thick rubber stuff and is hard for a dog to unscrew.
No comments:
Post a Comment