We went back to
Cathedral Hills today. Hiked about 5 or so miles on the Outback Loop, Manzanita Tunnel (not a tunnel), Timber Ridges, Skycrest and Skycrest Loop trails. Had lots of fun, only ran into a couple people and Conker behaved around them.
 |
| Orange Bandanna |
|
I bought Conker an orange bandanna at the Blondie's dog thing. I forgot about it the first time I went to Cathedral Hills but stuck it on him today. Not only is he much cuter with the bandanna (oops) but it serves two purposes: One is to make him
more visible as fall approaches, so no hunter-types will pop out of the bushes say "Oh, I thought your dog was a fox!" Also, since it's still quite warm out (86 today) it doubles as a cooling thing. Whenever we stopped for water I'd dunk his bandanna in the water then put it back on. He seemed to like how it kept him cooler and he appeared to have more energy than he did last time.
 |
| Dumbass |
Somewhere in the middle of the hike we found a pick-nick table. Conker got up there and posed like a dumbass with his ears all super upright and aimed out.
We saw some more neat scenery. (This time I remembered that the leaf rustling was squirrels and they didn't freak me out when I heard them)
The Skycrest Loop was my favorite part of the hike. It's a short loop (duh) that is more like high desert than Northwest forest. Being a desert person I highly enjoyed the exposed, sun-drenched and hot hillsides a lot more than Conker who quickly ducked from shady patch to shady patch. This is where his wet bandanna came in handy.
In case you didn't know, I've been going barefoot since the beginning of April (almost six months!). This trail feels awesome on my feet which don't really like the rough sidewalks we've got here. I can't wait for my new shoes to get here so I can walk around "barefoot" on the sidewalks and when it gets colder without loosing my nice leathery feet.
No comments:
Post a Comment